An introduction to project risk management that enables a team to identify, classify and manage risk systematically for the duration of a project, taking full account of corporate aims in order to control the probability and mitigate the impact of an adverse risk event.
Who should take this course
- Board Directors.
- C-Suite Chief Risk, Financial and Operational Officers.
- Risk and financial professionals.
- Strategy and compliance professionals.
- Internal and external auditors and advisors.
- Provide an overview of project risk management; why project risk management, the process involved and definitions of project risk.
- Human aspects of risk management; risk attitude and heuristics
- How to initiate project risk management; the planning and project specific impact scales
- Risk identification; describing risks using structured risk descriptions, identification techniques, risk register
- Risk assessment; probability and impact, proximity, inherent vs current risk exposure
- Risk responses; risk responses to threats and opportunities, secondary risks, post response assessment
- Implementing responses; updating plans
- Manage the process; keeping the process alive and improving risk management