BioTalent are proud to partner with Nortek on their expansive hiring campaign.
Business Divisions: Nortek Data Center Cooling
Specific Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Work Shift: Mon-Fri 5x8
Nortek Data Center Cooling is a Madison Industries company. Madison Industries is one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world and has a robust portfolio of indoor air quality solutions. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value.
At Nortek Data Center Cooling, we’re shaping the future by Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day! We are a premier HVAC company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through our employees’ commitment to quality, customer experience and operational excellence.
Performs a wide variety of duties at the Nortek DCC level to develop, implement, and maintain new manufacturing process, as well as implement changes to existing manufacturing methods, which will increase the cost effectiveness, quality, and competitiveness of the company.
Our success depends on YOU! As a member of the DCC team:
You are the lever to drive profitable growth and meaningful change.
You are closest to customers/markets and understand our business.
We move quickly. You can make the right decisions daily.
You are where success begins and ends.
Each of you can help make us better every day.
- Research, propose, and implement new manufacturing process and technologies.
- Prepare Capital Expense Requests (CERs) with justification, specifications and Purchase Orders.
- Track project from start to finish including follow-up with projects teams and individuals as well as conduct project team meetings. Update supervisor on projects (staffing, expenses) in department staff meetings.
- Coordinate interface between various functions of the company (i.e. engineering, IT, finance, and sales) as related to product and process changes and information.
- Prepare and present new project ideas and/or concepts to operations management.
- Write requirements and specifications for new and existing process and equipment.
- Create and maintain plant lay-outs and participate in layout modifications and improvements.
- Provide the technical engineering support for the plant and related functions.
- Design and perform statistical analysis on new and existing or proposed processes.
- Conduct and coordinate training of line works with respect to critical process interfaces.
- Meet with vendors on new process development or equipment; and conduct vendor try-outs on new equipment.
- Sources and manages outside contractors for facilities projects.
- Manages capital expense budget.
- Prepares, submits and defends capital expense requests.
- Coordinate introduction of product changes and process changes.
- Manage routings and labor standards, SOE (sequence of Events), process maps, product sync’s, and OMS’s (Operational Method Sheets) for assigned products and processes.
- Perform Lean/DFT line design/ changes for assigned products.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct and supervise project management and development of other technical manufacturing resources.
- Lead teams in major new product and process introductions, capacity analysis driving facility decisions regarding plant acquisitions and startups or major product relocations.
- Assist in developing other engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Systems Engineering.
- 5+ years of work experience in a manufacturing industry engineering position.
- Experience implementing Lean principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to select and qualify manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to provide input into the design of the product based on manufacturing methods and capabilities.
- Experience working with the capital expenditures and new product launch.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, determine project priority and create detailed action plans.
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects and facilitate transfer of best practice knowledge.
- Skilled at facilitating communications between multiple departments.
- Experience working with AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio applications.
- Background in managing projects in a manufacturing environment. Familiar with Lean, 5S, Kaizen, and Quality concepts and applications including, but not limited to, the Lean Tools.
- Experience with manufacturing processes (electrical, mechanical assembly fabrication, welding and paint)
- Understanding of ergonomics especially related to repetitive/sustained awkward postures stress injuries.
- Travel to various company and supplier sites as needed (up to 10%).