Who we are:
Nortek Data Center Cooling is a Madison Industries company. At Nortek Data Center Cooling, we’re shaping the future by Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day! We are a premier HVAC company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through our employees’ commitment to quality, customer experience and operational excellence.
As our Service Technician – Data Center Service, you will work with warranty related service issues for our AHU, CleanSuite, Cleanroom and Datacenter product lines. Provide service, guidance and technical expertise to end users and outside sales representatives.
- Commission, repair, and service mechanical and electrical equipment associated with new Data Center Cooling projects.
- Review work orders, blueprints, schematic diagrams and related materials to determine tasks to be performed, tools, equipment, and parts needed for installation or repair.
- Demonstrate experience in managing challenging jobs with the objective to mitigate the impact on customer’s building/experience while also minimizing the financial burden on the company. This requires working with multiple entities on a job – building owners, general and mechanical contractors, engineers, and local servicing contractors.
- Consult with engineering and manufacturing personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation and maintenance.
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers while maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor.
- May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years’ experience in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting; HVAC servicing experience preferred
- Ability to travel ~10% of the time to various job sites for commissioning and warranty work.
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals
- Ability to stay on project through root cause analysis
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, ensuring job is completed correctly with outside technicians and ability to follow up on parts delivery
- Trade/technical school or certification a plus
- Product experience with industrial HVAC equipment preferred
- Strong experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Suite
- Intermediate knowledge of CRM program
- DX experience
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.